Topanga Lumber & Hardware Co., Inc. is looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.
- Job Growth
- Competitive Wages
- Medical and Dental Plan
- Paid Vacations
- Truck Driver: Class A and /or B (must have a clean driving record and medical record)
- Counter Customer Sales Associate: (bilingual is a plus)
- Lumberyard Customer Sales Associate: (bilingual is a plus)
Download a copy of our Employment Application to apply today.
You can bring in your completed application to the Topanga or Glendale location and/or email the application to: Willie@topangalumber.com or email@example.com. Please note the job position in the subject matter.
Job Title: Driver – Class A & B Commercial Drivers
We are looking for skilled Drivers that have the ability to function well as part of a team. You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to service our clientele efficiently
- Must hold a valid California Commercial Class-A or B-Driver’s License
- Must have a driving record in Good Standing. To be in Good Standing Driver must present a current DMV printout report with none of the violations below:
- Valid A or B class CDL
- No DUI, DWI, or Reckless Driving Charges Within the Last 5 Years
Education, Experience and Required Skills, Including Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license0 Class (A or B)
- Pushing/pulling weights of 5-50 lbs, sitting/squatting/driving/and entering and leaving truck multiple times per day at various intervals for varied times.
- Drivers also need to be vigilant and aware of safety hazards around them.
Truck Driver Mental Requirements:
- Skills and abilities to communicate and work well with others
- Understand directions and communicate them with others
- Understand the job tasks and instructions given
- Read and understand maps in order to arrive at location, which could be in a secluded area
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver goods to destination safely
- Warehouse duties as appropriate
- Ensure customer satisfaction and materials in a timely manner as not to delay production on job sites
- Must be able to perform pre-trip inspection and properly fill out DOT log book and fuel record
- Shop Foreman, Vice President and President
- Must be proficient in the maintenance of the vehicle they are driving
Starting Pay Is Based On Your Verifiable Experience Medical and Dental Benefits After 6 Months.